This is Sticky Feet…he’s a chameleon we often find around our house (he’s a toy critter, not the real thing). Sticky Feet resembles the creative play that our children display around our house and yard.
A sampling of creativity at work:
- I may come home from work to find all of our family room blankets covering kid chairs and boxes in our family room.
- There may be thousands of tiny pieces of paper on the kitchen floor and hand-cut construction paper balloons taped to the windows from the birthday party that was held for a stuffed animal
- We could find several strings tied together to dangle a basket from the stairway to make a swing for some toys
- Occasionally, I have been known to smack what I think is an actual spider or cockroach, only to find it’s a ring or plastic bug
- The kids may have used the Christmas stocking hooks on the fireplace mantel to hang blankets and make a stage
- The kids may have used those same hooks to hang underwear and socks from each hook…I’m not sure why
- I might find Duplo blocks inside my sneakers
- Our TV tray tables may be lined up with blankets on them to create a puppet show
- We may find empty cereal boxes and mac & cheese boxes amongst the building materials of a fort
- There could be rolled up pieces of construction paper all taped together to make a paper doll, or a hat, or a dress
- Any pair of our shoes may be tied to each other to make a shoe train
- A pile of now-wilted wild flowers is sometimes waiting for me on the counter from an earlier walk in the park
- And Pleasant the Pheasant sometimes likes to hang out in a bowl on our counter…just because.
I can’t tell you how much I love their creativity; some of the things they come up with is really impressive.
Messiness aside, I love to see their minds at work!